|Deadline for Sanctioning 2014-2015 Tournaments|
Hello Oregon Division clubs! The deadline to submit tournaments for initial sanctioning for the 2014-2015 fencing season is rapidly approaching! That deadline is July 31st. Do you know if your clubs intend to request sanctioning for any tournaments? The Division Board would like to include them in our August meeting to finalize the calendar. If your clubs do have tournaments to be considered for sanctioning, please email the Division Board at
by July 31st the following information:
1. Requested date(s) of the tournament(s)
2. An alternate date(s) for the tournament(s)
3. Name of tournament(s)
4. Type of tournament (i.e., Youth, Senior, D and Under Foil, etc.)
5. Type of weapons (i.e., saber only, foil and epee, etc.)
6. Location of the event
7. Name of Tournament Director and/or primary contact person and means of contact (email preferred.)
8. If submitting more than one tournament, please identify which tournament is your most important event so that we may prioritize it when creating a schedule
9. One additional item: last year, the USFA made last minutes changes, with the adoption of the SafeSport policy approved in July 2013. At this point, we don't know of any other changes they may have planned for the 2014-2015 season. Of course, if any changes are made, we will notify you as soon as we know them.
10. That being said, please refer to the following document HERE, which lists changes to the rulebook made in April 2014, which may or may not affect your tournaments.
Additionally: Every year the Division board gains new club board reps (these can be the same board as the previous year.) Currently High Desert, Salem Fencing Club, and the Oregon Fencibles (among other clubs) do not have representatives on the board (some of our board members are members of SFC but these individuals represent the division as a whole though their service as officers). Make sure your club is represented on the board (EFC, NWFC, OFA, PDX Fencing, Northpointe Fencing, and SOFC currently have reps.) Please email the board the name of your rep and their contact information, if you currently don’t have a rep. Thank you!
|< Prev||Next >|